Monday, March 17, 2008

About Me

I am a mature aged student (grandmother) doing a Bachelor of Arts (Interest Studies) through Curtin University. I was a secretary, then a trainer, then a TAFE teacher (Information technology incl multimedia) at a campus which after only 3 years was absorbed by another campus. As a casual teacher, I was one of the first to be 'let go'. I loved teaching but with a newly retired husband who wanted to travel, looking for another teaching position was not an option. I volunteer my time all day Fridays to teach seniors and retired people to use computers and try to encourage them to expand their use from just typing a letter to Aunt Sally - to using email - to making their own cards - to copying all their old photos/slides onto CDs/DVD and then to transferring their old super 8 films to DVD. We have some very competent people who are surprising their children and grandchildren with their capabilities!

My reason for undertaking this BA is to keep my mind active and expanding my knowledge and use of the interest and all its associated branches. I just hope I can keep up.

No comments: