Monday, March 17, 2008

Module One Task

Task A asked us to check out Telnet. Well, on the Microsoft Marketplace site they list Telnet programs and the offer to download/buy. I sometimes think big corporations think the users are idiots, as every 'free' program window was 'not available' - strange?? - all the ones which cost were!!

I then searched and found a program called PuTTy and downloaded that for free. It works beautifully, and allowed me to log onto the Deakin library and search for the nominated author and his/her books.

I then 'did myself a favour' amd telnet'ed over to towel.blinkenlights.nl for the Starwars show. Reminded me of when I had my first computer (a Commodore 64) and I programmed some small games like that. Amazing how far technology has come - from programming numbered lines to being able to use programs such as Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Flash, Maya, etc.. From black and white to full blown colours, movement, audio.. I have seen this, I wonder what my grandkids will be doing?

No comments: